I’m looking at the top of my TBR pile. I have too many choices. Not a bad thing, I hear you say, but it is. I can’t decide what to read next! Arghhhhh!
I need some help.
Should I start….
1. Loyalty In Death by J.D. Robb – This is the next Eve and Roarke adventure for me. I am slowly wading through the back-catalogue of a bazillion books in this series. It’s taking ages though. Thankfully these books can be read as stand-alones and don’t really rely on any kind of reading continuity. But I am nothing if not ocd about reading a series in order.
2. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn – I blame Sarai for starting me on historicals. Like I haven’t got enough to read without adding a whole new sub-genre to the melting pot. I read The Duke And I and friggin’ loved it. I was crying and everything. It wasn’t pretty. This is the second of the Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn. It’s Anthony’s story.
3. The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason – This combines two of my fav genres in Romance. First it’s a paranormal, second it’s a historical (my new favourite kid on the block.) It’s basically Buffy in ‘Olden Times’. Genius. Why hasn’t anyone come up with a historical paranormal before this? And there’s a triangle/quadrangle in there too. Ahh, food for the soul a good love triangle is.
4. Catch Of The Day – By Kristan Higgins. Kristan won the Rita this year with ‘Just One Of The Guys.’ This is an earlier book which had me at the mention of ‘love’ and’ priest’ in the same blurb. I’m in. I love divesting a man of his dog collar!
5. Sins Of The Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I read the first five or six of the Dark-hunter series in quick succession but by this book I kinda lost the will to live. For me a series seems to have a natural run of around six or seven books, after that I struggle big-time. But with Acheron coming out it whet my appetite again so I picked it up after a six or seven month hiatus and got completely lost straight away. I think to enjoy this I may have to go back and read the last few preceeding this, but the thought of re-reading something right now when I have to much to read just does not appeal. Is it worth it?
6. Dark Roots And Cowboy Boots by Luann McLane. It’s a gun, cotton candy read. Nothing to serious or soul searching. I loved all this authors other books but I feel kinda all puffed out when it comes to contemporary romances at the moment. The only thing saving it from going further down the reading list is the cowboy factor. Yep, I love me a cowboy.
7. The Mammoth Boook Of Vampire Romance. This is an anthology packed to the brim with well known authors. There are vingettes from Lillith Saintcrow, Shiloh Walker, Colleen Gleason, Amanda Ashley, Kimberley Raye, Jenna Black, Karen Chance and Susan Sizemore. The reason I bought it is for the short story by Keri Arthur. It’s a Riley Jensen story from the POV of Quinn. Rawr. I had to have it. I have already read the Keri Arthur story, how about the rest?
8. Jacob by Jacqueline Frank – I have been promising my friend I would read this forever! And JF seemed really cool on DIK.
9. The Hell You Say by Josh Lanyon. I want to read this so bad but at the same time I can’t because I know this is where it all falls apart for Adrien and Jake. I don’t want a sad ending. I want a happy ending.
10. Anything Nora Roberts. I have been on a Nora jag recently. Just finished the Chesapeake Bay quartet and loved it.
Help. Tell me what to read or give me more recommendations!! I’m serious. Note the use of double exclamations!! *g*